Thursday, April 03, 2008

Wow, It's been a while!

So, this year has been a whirlwind! My goodness, it's non-stop. We've been remodeling the house without rest since we moved in the beginning of January. (I'll snap some pictures soon). And the house is really coming along! We're excited!
More recently, the 3 oldest boys Xander, Isaac and Dallin have started soccer. They love it so much! And I can't believe how naturally talented these kids are in all aspects! We won't be surprised if Dallin takes after Xan and is asked to skip a grade from kindergarten. He reads simple words and asks for spelling bee's all the time. He says, "mom you can have me spell 5 words, bat, rat, cat, dog, or I am Sam." He's so funny! Xander got straight A's on his report card again. (No real surprise there for those of you who know him. In fact, his lowest average score in anything was 102%) And Isaac is really taking giant strides in his work. His real love is art, though, but his artistic abilities are amazing! The detail he uses most 6 year old's wouldn't even think to include. He's amazing. And who would have thought the the little uncoordinated guy that broke his arm falling on carpet would be the fastest runner! Yes, the same one who ran into walls. Literally at full speed. Elijah is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a 2 year old so smart. He does everything the older boys do, but what is amazing is he understands and comprehends what they're doing and can do things almost as well. It's not very often you come across a 2 year old you can explain things to and he'll listen because he comprehends full conversations! And he is the happiest thing you'd ever see! So excited about life and his brothers! Amazing, all of these boys! I just can't believe that I have been blessed and trusted with these obviously special children! What a joy they are to me! Each one is EXTRAORDINARY in there own special ways even by worldly standards, and that is awesome. We work hard as parents, and I'm starting to realize that this time that we devote to our kids is doing something incredible. I'm thankful I'm able to stay at home to teach them. And that they have this hunger and love for learning!