Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Congratulations Xander!

Today was the Geography Bee! Xander came home last week excited (and a little sad) that he was a runner-up for the Geography Bee. (That phrase "Always the Bridesmaid, never the Bride" sticks out in my mind, because just a month ago he was the runner up for the Spelling Bee, too!)
Well, I got a call as soon as I got home from bringing the boys to school this morning. It was Xander saying "Mom, Aiden is sick today and I'm the runner-up for the Geography Bee, so can I skip my doctor's appointment today, so I can be in it?" So, I said okay...
So, I went to watch, not knowing what to expect, and I got there and was told it was for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders, and they all go up against EACH OTHER! That made me a little nervous since Xander should actually be a 3rd grader, and he was only the runner-up. Anyways, he ended up getting 3rd place! He did so great! Answering questions I had no idea what the answer was! Good Job Xander!!! He won a pin! (Shown above.)